CloudCamp San Francisco – Summer 2008
Call for Participants
CloudCamp was formed in order to provide a common ground for the introduction and advancement of cloud computing. Through a series of local CloudCamp events, attendees can exchange ideas, knowledge and information in a creative and supporting environment, advancing the current state of cloud computing and related technologies.
As an informal, member-supported gathering, we rely entirely on volunteers to help with meeting content, speakers, meeting locations, equipment and membership recruitment. We also depend on corporate sponsors who provide financial assistance with venues, software, books, discounts, and other valuable donations.
We invite you to participate in the first CloudCamp event, to be held Tuesday, June 24, 2008 from 5-9 pm in San Francisco, California.
There are a number of opportunities to get involved, including:
· ATTEND – Attending CloudCamp SF is both free and fun. Space is limited, so please visit http://upcoming.yahoo.com
· PRESENT – CloudCamp SF will follow the popular Open Space format, which encourages an open exchange between presenters and participants. If you've got a cloud-related topic to discuss, visit the Cloud Camp SF wiki and post your ideas.
· DEMO – A separate track will be held for 10 minute cloud computing demonstrations. If you'd like to demo, please submit your topic to the wiki.
· SPONSOR – A number of sponsorship opportunities are available at the Platinum ($2,000), Gold ($1,000) and Silver ($500) levels. Sponsors receive recognition for their support and enhanced visibility at the Camp.
· ORGANIZE – CloudCamp is a non-profit, volunteer-driven organization. If you'd like to help plan CloudCamp SF or a future CloudCamp, join an organizing committee by joining the Cloud Computing Google Group and letting us know about your interest.
CloudCamp Around the Web
For additional information on CloudCamp, please visit www.cloudcamp.com. CloudCamp can also be found in various places around the Web: