Full support for VMware ESXi 4.0 servers
A huge improvement in virtual machine I/O performance
Multiple Mix and Match Storage Pools
- VMware ESXi 4.0 is now supported as a first class hypervisor alongside KVM and XEN.
- Greatly improved VM performance with the addition of advanced machine flag for VirtIO for Disks (VIRTBLK). This allows pass through paravirt disk drivers.
- Cluster monitoring and notification module.
- Administrators can now restrict account/API access to a specific IP address or range.
- Administrative user interface is now fully localizable.
- Optional agent to manager heartbeat has been added for high latency networks.
- New administrative interface for Disk Templates.
- Users can now specify advanced VM tunables. Advanced options on VMs used to create packages will also be carried over into the package. The following options are now tunable:
- PAE - Allows 32-bit VMs to address more than 4 GB of memory
- APIC - Adding a virtual APIC can improve latency, performance, and timer accuracy, especially on multiprocessor virtual machines.
- ACPI - ACPI power management
- VIRTIO is a Linux standard for network and disk devices, enabling cooperation with the hypervisor. This enables VMs to get high performance network operations, and gives most of the performance benefits of paravirtualization.
- Ability to connect ECP to multiple storage pools (mix and match storage tiers).
- Added user editable "notes" field to VM details dialog. This is intended to be a location where users can document details about a virtual machine
- API enhancements to allow VMs to be queried by IP or MAC address and package ID.
- ISOs are now managed by the object-based permissions system.
- Improved consolidated product documentation.
- VM boot device can now be selected.
- Usability improvements to customer users interface. VM tab is first in the customer UI. Home tab has been relabelled Logs.
- Billing API has been improved to include additional information regarding packages and resource usage.
- Improvements to the i18n Internationalization system to allow multiple versions of a given language.
- Enhanced VLAN management. VLANs can now be assigned to alternative Nic’s on the host.
- Updated Korean, Japanese and Swedish translations
- Add installer support for CentOS 5.5.
- Improvements to the Virtual Infrastructure machine listing table.
If you haven't already done so, I invite you to give Enomaly ECP a try, please get in touch for a free evaluation edition.